To develop a professional association, comprised of licensed pre-hospital practitioners across Manitoba, with a strong voice in EMS issues that promotes the well-being, safety and appropriate medical treatment of our patients.
To become a self-governing, self-regulatory society responsible for licensure of all pre-hospital practitioners in the province of Manitoba.
- To promote the highest level of pre-hospital care possible
- To represent the professional interests of all EMS practitioners in Manitoba
- To be a strong voice reflecting grassroots issues to the Province, local governments and the Regional Health Authorities
- To represent EMS practitioners on provincial committees, advisory groups, etc
- To foster relationships and work collectively with other allied health care agencies and organizations to promote the highest level of care for all patients
- To support and facilitate continuing education for EMS providers
- To encourage and assist in development of EMS education that is relevant, comprehensive and accredited
- To raise public and political awareness about the role of Paramedics
- To be active in development and promotion of programs within the community that serve to reduce and/or prevent injury or illness
- To serve as the provincial chapter of the Paramedic Association of Canada
- To keep members informed of current EMS issues and trends
- To develop a code of professional ethics and conduct
- To maintain a provincial registry of EMS practitioners
- To pursue self-regulation of EMS practitioners in Manitoba